Higher Ground Ministry Mission is a non-profit organization located in Sebree, Kentucky, with the vision of imparting truth, zeal and purpose to today’s generations. We accomplish this vision through many different ways including camps, retreats, riding lessons, pony parties, L.I.F.E. presentations, children’s programs, and chalk art presentations. The camps are an excellent atmosphere in which families and children can grow closer in their walk with the Lord and each other. They also learn relevant life lessons from God’s Word that are taught every day through night sessions, skits, activities, horseback riding, hay rides, and small group time. Each camp is different – and with that means a new bundle of opportunities, life lessons, and activities to learn each time.
By teaching children and young people character qualities, such as dependability, attentiveness, authority, honesty, responsibility and obedience, it makes them more reliable and honorable people. Teaching them leadership skills at a young age helps them realize they aren’t just living life for themselves but that there are others following after their example. When you impart truth to young people, it gives them a purpose – and when people have a purpose in life, it gives them a zeal for life!
As a Christian organization, Higher Ground Ministry Mission values the truths taught in the Bible and pursues being a Christ-centered organization in all we do. Come join us as we form and build lifetime relationships and memories together.
“I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. “ Philippians 3:14
Our vision is to impart truth, zeal and purpose to today’s generations.
Today’s generations are floundering without purpose, passion, or direction for their lives. It’s our desire to come along side them and help them understand and desire the purpose that God has for them. Most young people suffer from a lack of desire to be motivated in life, or if they have motivation, they lack the direction and support to do the right thing.
Most families today are lacking love, harmony and respect. Of all marriages, 50% end in divorce, leaving broken and shattered lives behind. Many that do not end in divorce, never reach the full potential of the joy and effectiveness possible in marriage and family. Children are bombarded daily with what the world promotes as the focus and purpose for life; “Please yourself, have fun, and let tomorrow take care of itself.”
In the world today, we see where humanity, as a whole, suffers from a lack of truth, zeal, and purpose. The vision of Higher Ground Ministry is to come alongside children, young people, and families, and help them in whatever ways we can to regain a purpose for their life and families, based on the biblical truths of God’s word!
- To give families a bigger vision than their current life.
- To teach them who God is.
- To teach them about proper authority.
- To build a solid foundation for a dynamic life.
- To give them a desire and passion to live a life for God.
- To be set apart for His service.
- To build a strong generation of Christian leaders in the world today.
- For children: To impart a heart-felt fire and purpose within children and young people, that Christ is to be the center and motivation for their lives. To instill a purpose in them that rises above the present generation to glorify God in every area of their lives. By revealing the reality of God to them, capturing their inner passion and desire, and encouraging them to turn their hearts to the Lord, which will turn their hearts to their parents.
- For parents: To inspire and encourage parents to take an active interest in not only the physical, but also the spiritual lives of their children. By giving godly guidance, direction and protection to their children, parents will be paving the path for generations to become the godly, purposeful men and women we were not only created to be, but also commanded to be!
- For families: By encouraging and inspiring children and parents to focus and seek after the things of God, and not the pleasures of this world. It will go a long way to crib the self-centered perspective on life that is doing so much damage to the families of today’s generation. With each member of the family seeking to do God’s will in their daily life, it will create a oneness of purpose and a loving and harmonious atmosphere in which to grow, mature, and serve God.
What does HGMM plan on doing in the future to accomplish these goals?
God is continuing to open many different doors for HGMM, and our desire is to follow His leading for this ministry to the best of our abilities. This could entail many different fields of ministry, and at this point, we do not feel that it is to be limited to the field of horsemanship or the state of Kentucky! God has given many of the staff of HGMM a vision for the ministry to be carried throughout the US, and possibly abroad. At this point we are applying ourselves to the tasks He has already given to us and remaining open to His leading and direction in other areas!
Statement of Faith:
We believe in the one true God, existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. These three are coequal from all eternity, each with distinct personalities but of one essence.
We believe that the Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God and is the sole, infallible rule of faith and practice.
We believe Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, that He entered into the world through the virgin birth, and lived among us without sin as perfect Man and perfect God.
We believe Adam was directly created in innocence and in the image of God, and did not evolve from preexisting forms of life. By voluntary transgression, he fell, and thus the whole human race is now sinful by nature and practice and therefore, under just con- domination to eternal separation from God.
We believe Jesus Christ shed His blood on Calvary as a vicarious substitute for all sinners, was buried and rose again bodily, and ascended to the right hand of the Father, from whence He will personally return.
We believe people are justified by grace through faith in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ without any mixture of works.
We believe the Holy Spirit convicts the sinner; regenerates, sanctifies, and indwells the believer; and fills the believer for effective service.
We believe in the priesthood of the believer and that God has made provision for each believer to be victorious by being led of the Spirit and not walking after the flesh.
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost—the just unto the resurrection of life eternal and the lost unto the resurrection of eternal damnation.
We believe Satan is a living being and that hell is a place of eternal conscious punishment for him, his hosts, and all unbelievers.
We believe Scripture commands Christians to abstain from all forms of compromise with unbelief.
We believe the Bible sets forth principles for Godly living and that if one learns and follows these principles, one will be able to avoid and refute false teachings and false concepts.