2017 Horsemanship Summit, May 2nd - 6th, 2018
Whether you have never touched a horse or are looking for experience in more advanced riding, Summit is for you! This is a time to improve your horsemanship skills and comfort level when working around horses and learning how to use horses to present biblical concepts to a group. It is our desire that you walk away with more than just improved horsemanship skills, but in addition, a new and captivating way to share Christ with others using horses as your visual medium.
Each day, you will be participating in exciting classes that will help you fine-tune your horsemanship abilities! You will learn all the basics about riding and have plenty of time to practice in the ring and on the trails. You will also be learning other horsemanship skills such as horse care, basic farrier work, and groundwork with your horse to name a few. And if that’s not enough fun, there will be dinner ‘round the campfire, a mock horse show, and much more!
Our goal at Summit is not to offer high-level horsemanship skills, but instead, a more basic level of skills and a way to share the character of Christ with others using horses as a way of illustrating them in a hands-on visual manner.
- Ages: 8 and up (recommended)
- Cost includes a free HGMM t-shirt!
- Every child must have an ASTM SCI approved equine riding helmet! Helmets will be available for purchase or one can be rented for $10!
- Drop off and registration begins at 3pm CST on Wednesday the 2nd. A parent presentation will take place from 1-3pm CST on Sunday the 6th; pick up will follow immediately after.
Prices: These prices are for the WHOLE camp NOT per day!
- Overnight: $310
- Daytime Only: $295
- Bring your Horse: $45
- Helmet rental: $10
Limited one discount per person except the Ministry/Pastors discount!
- Rope in a new friend: 10% off per friend your child brings
- Family Discount: 3 or more children, $5 off per child
- Pastor/Missionary Discount: 25% off total
- Early Registration: register before April 7th for $50 off
Space is limited, register now. For further information or questions, contact our Registration department.