P.T.L: March 31st - April 4th, 2017
P.T.L. (Prepare To Lead) Leadership Retreat – Each year we provide a retreat for young people who have a desire to serve as leadership in ministries. Join us for unforgettable time!
- There is no cost to attend P.T.L., which is generously supported by love gifts.
- Every attendee must have an ASTM SCI approved equine riding helmet! Helmets will be available for purchase or one can be rented for $10!
- Arrival is between 9:30 am and 10 am CST on Friday, March 31st and the event starts at 10 am. The retreat ends at 3 pm CST on Tuesday, April 4th.
- Must be at least 14 years old to attend (or 13 if turning 14 during this year’s camp season of April 7 – October 9.)
- No commitment to our ministry is necessary to attend.
- Anyone is welcome!
- You do not need to attend PTL in order to serve with us.
- Friday Evening – Western Steak Dinner
- Saturday Evening – Formal Dinner
- Ladies’ Tea – Saturday Morning
- Men’s Lumberjack Brunch – Saturday Morning
PTL begins on Friday morning, the 31st, and through Sunday, we’ll enjoy daily time with Jesus, spiritually refreshing devotionals as a group, fun events and activities, and insightful messages by guest speakers. And of course, the kitchen crew’s amazing cooking and the coffee shop! On Monday and Tuesday, there will be the opportunity to “intern” and learn how different aspects of the ministry run and how to help in those areas, such as the barn, the kitchen, the office, etc.
On Friday night, we’ll be enjoying a western-themed steak dinner, and on Saturday morning, a Tea brunch for the ladies, and a Lumberjack-style brunch for the guys. On Saturday night, we’ll be having a Masquerade-themed formal dinner, as we delve into how something that looks like wisdom, may actually not be if you look “beneath the mask,” but God’s wisdom is always the best, even if it doesn’t look “safe and normal” from the outside. You’ll want to bring along a mask that is special or meaningful to you to wear to join in the fun!
During the weekend we will focus on this year’s theme about God’s Wisdom. Our Jr. leaders are ages 13-19 and Sr. leaders will be ages 20 and up. We believe that a team is not complete unless you have a good mixture of both younger and older leadership, so no matter what your age you will be sure to fit right in with the team!
Throughout the day, experience team challenges to help prepare you for future leadership opportunities.
For questions regarding this retreat please contact us.
See application form and packing list below.
Click here to view our dress code.